From July 31 to August 2, 2019, the 1st International Cleft Lip and Palate Congress took place in Bolivia, initiated and organized in La Paz by our surgeon Dr. Adolfo Mamani with our partner organization Jiwaqui Bolivia.
With a line-up of renowned specialists, the congress brings together internationally recognized experts from the disciplines of surgery, orthodontics, speech therapy and psychology, which are all crucial to the treatment of cleft. DCKH board member Prof. Dr. med. Frank Feyerherd and our Peruvian partner Dr. Alberto Bardales also attended. The goal of the event was to advance the interdisciplinary treatment structure for cleft lip and palate in the region.
We are proud of our still young partner organization to take such a momentous step to advance comprehensive treatment of cleft children in the region.
• Prof. Dr. med. Frank Feyerherd: Anesthesiologist – Germany
• Dr. Alberto Bardales: Plastic surgeon – Peru
• Dr. Carlos Giugliano: Plastic Surgeon – Chile
• Dr. Percy Rosell: Plastic Surgeon – Peru
• Dr. Antonio Ysunza: Neurophysiologist – USA
• Dra. María Pamplona: speech therapist -Mexico
• License Margot Luque speech therapist – Peru
• License Mirta Palomares speech therapist – Chile
• License Mitsee Montesinos psychologist- Peru
• Dr. Omar Cotrina orthodontist – Peru
• Dr. José Avalos: Orthodontist – Mexico
• Bolivian Society for Pediatric Surgery
• Bolivian association of cleft lip and palate
• Jiwaqui Bolivia
• Deutsche Cleft Kinderhilfe e.V.